Movie Categorization Script


I got a request from one of my batch mate to create a movie categorization software. So, I thought that would be great. Even I was suffering from it, thousands of movies... you just can't watch them and categorize each film. Then, I started writing a small script that is capable of getting IMDB movie category and `move` those files/folders to the relevant category folder.

But the main problem is, name of the movie is not very straight forward. look at the list below;

  1. `Django Unchained[2012]DVD Screener-ETRG`
  2. `2 STATES (2014) - 1CD - DVDRip - Hindi - x264 - MP3 - Mafiaking - [D3Si MaNiaCs]`
  3. `Parker.2013.BRRip.XviD-S4A`

So, you need some tactics to tackle down them :) Please note that I didn't thought much about the performance. Even though, it is not fully optimized it does the job quite well! Please let me know your suggestions.

You can drag and drop folders or files into the script
movies will be categorized!!!


Click here to download the script.
SHARE

Rasika Perera

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment