ATMega328P Malfunctioning

As i mentioned in my previous post, I ordered a chinese Arduino UNO R3 version board. It is pretty cool compared to genuine more additional features. But you'd not get default LED light connected to the pin 13 and Tx Rx LEDs.

This is my experience with Arduino UNO R3 version board. Since I already worked with Arduino boards at Uni, I was little bit surprised since once you connected USB cable to the PC and If you correctly installed Arduino IDE(with drivers) but STILL it is not detecting my board.

After spending couple of times, I realized that these version boards using a different chip for USB-to-Serial communication namely CH340/CH341 instead of ATmega16U2. Finally i installed CH340 Serial drivers and it connected perfectly.

Then i got this "Blink" example from the IDE and tried to upload it.But unfortunately It gave following error.



This is because Arduino IDE tells ATMEGA328P's bootloader to write some bytes, then IDE tries to read again from the bootloader to verify. But it fails. which means bootloader unable to write to its flash. So i tried several times several options which is on the Internet; but never worked out. 

Finally i concluded that my ATMEGA328P is no longer usable.
SHARE

Rasika Perera

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment